I got the darlingest little cherry tomatoes the size of peanuts at the vegetable wholesaler down the road during my last minute run there when I discovered we were completely out of vegetables. I was hungry, and it's 30 minutes to iftar time, but I know I must have them for dinner. So here's the simplest meal that I could scratch up in under 20 minutes, oil free. I had it with some blanched spinach and a grilled salmon fillet, also seasoned with Hot Chick Spicy Salt.
French Lentil, Rice and Tiny Cherry Tomatoes Salad
- 1 cup of lentilles du Puy / french lentils
- 4 whole garlics
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Hot Chick Spicy Salt
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved if using regular one
- Boil lentil with whole garlic in 2-3 cups of water until lentil is cooked and garlic can be easily mashed. Drain excess water if any.
- Add the cooked rice to the lentil, season with Hot Chick Spicy Salt.
- Stir in cilantro and the tomatoes, mix well.
Serves 6 as side dish, or 2-3 as main meal with a side of protein.