- 2 red bell pepper
- 4 whole heads of garlic
- 8 baby eggplant
- 2 tsp 'Athene Spices' Garlic Salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1tbsp date/balsamic vinegar
1. Chargrill the peppers over open flame until the skin are totally black. Place in a bowl with a tablespoon of water, cover the bowl properly. Let the pepper cool for about 10 minutes, then peel off the blackened skin with your hand. Remove the seeds and inner pith, slice the pepper into long strips.
2. Place 'Athene Spices' Garlic Salt in a bowl, top with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Wash whole garlic head, pat dry. Cut of the top part of the garlic head.
4. Cut eggplants lengthwise, then make small slits on the flesh.
5. Arrange the garlic and eggplants in a baking dish, cut side up. Spoon the spices from the olive oil mix on top of the garlic heads and eggplants. Generously drizzle the oil all over.
6. Roast in a 180°C oven for 30 minutes.
7. Once the garlic heads are golden brown and fragrant, remove from the oven. Top with the sliced peppers, return to the oven for further 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot or warm as a side dish.